October 28, 2010 | Concordia University, Irvine, CA – I will be a guest lecturer on social media for the students and faculty of Concordia University Irvine. This will be primarily for a college class on marketing communications and business to business sales, but the event will be open for the entire university community.
Most college marketing classes don’t fully address the topic of social media marketing, while most college students are well-versed in social networking and the technology and are even active participants in the social media campaigns of many consumer brands. To help bridge this gap, I will be presenting on:
- Understanding the history of marketing communication and the emergence of social media
- An overview of the different social media channels that exists
- Case studies of those that have been successful with some of these channels…and those that haven’t
- Why businesses need to engage with social media strategically from a corporate perspective
- Social media as part of an integrated marketing approach
For more information, please visit the Concordia University Website here.
Concordia University of Irvine offers a Christ-centered education through academically challenging courses and programs undergirded by a caring Christian community of scholars and support staff. Guided by the Great Commission of Jesus Christ, we strive to educate students through programs in the liberal arts and professional studies and prepare students for lives of learning, service and leadership.
If you’re looking for a college experience which features excellent professors who provide personal attention in small classes, which provides a supportive learning environment on a beautiful Southern California campus, and which reflects and instills Christian values, then I invite you to join us and allow us to help you achieve your personal and vocational goals.